Vertex Partnership Academies is a Candidate School* for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP). This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that Vertex believes is important for our students.
Why the IB?
Middle Years Programme
Through the Middle Years Programme, Vertex students will:
- build confidence in managing their own learning
- learn by doing, connecting the classroom to the larger world
- outperform non-IB students in critical academic skills
- consistently have greater success in IB Diploma Programme examinations
- thrive in positive cultures where they are engaged and motivated to excel
- develop an understanding of global challenges and a commitment to act as responsible citizens
Through the Diploma Programme, Vertex will be able to develop students who:
- have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- study at least two languages
- excel in traditional academic subjects
- explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
The Career-related Programme is designed for students interested in pursuing a career-related education in the final two years of high school. It provides them with an excellent foundation to support their further studies as well as ensure their preparedness for success in the workforce.
We are currently building partnerships in the fields of healthcare, construction, and information technology. As we learn more about the interests of Vertex students, we will seek partnerships with additional industries.
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme, or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org.